- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Thai-Inspired Shrimp Coconut Curry
I watched a great episode of The Pioneer Woman today where she made her Coconut Curry Shrimp and I just happened to have a 1 lb. bag of frozen 10-12 size peeled and deveined raw shrimp thawing in the fridge. It had to be culinary destiny. I hope Ree won't be upset that I took some small liberties with her version and made it my own. I highly recommend buying the frozen peeled shrimp for this recipe. It makes prep time a LOT shorter. I like a quick dinner on Sunday nights because I attend a guided meditation class from 6-7pm and am very hungry when I get home!
- shrimp - 1 lb., raw, peeled, deveined
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- butter - 1 Tbsp
- yellow onion - 1 small, diced small
- garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- coconut milk - 1 can
- curry powder - 1 heaping Tbsp
- lime - half juiced, 4 slices for serving
- sriracha - to taste
- fresh cilantro - 1/4 c. chopped for garnish
- Heat coconut oil and butter in a large skillet on med-low heat
- Drain shrimp and saute in skillet for 3-4 min
- While it cooks dice garlic and onion; cut lime in half and one half into 4 quarters
- Flip shrimp and cook for another 2 min until opaque
- Remove shrimp and put aside
- Add garlic and onion to same skillet
- Saute until onions are tender, about 3-4 minutes; add juice from half a lime
- Add coconut milk, stir in curry powder
- Stir while liquids cooks down by about 1/4; add shrimp
- Toss shrimp and let cook down another 3 minutes or until it thickens
- Add sriracha to taste. We don't like much heat so we only added 1 Tbsp.
- Serve over jasmine rice with a wedge of lime and a nice scattering of cilantro over the top.
- Savor every bite. This meal tastes like your ordered it in a classy Thai restaurant!
Add to Favorites