- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Boneless Fig Balsamic Butter Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
I have been making a LOT of sheet pan suppers (SPS) lately. They are fast, easy, tasty and can be made so varied. Most importantly the clean up is insanely fast and that is my husband's job so it makes him really happy! SPS are the latest and greatest in my repertoire. I will definitely add other recipes, but tonight's was so fantastic I just had to include it. These recipes are as much for me (my virtual cookbook) as they are to share with friends. If you like acorn squash and chicken, you will like this. You could make it with butternut squash or sweet potatoes if you have those on hand instead. I also never made a SPS with butter in place of olive oil and it made it a little richer. Let me know how it comes out for you.
- chicken thighs - 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless
- acorn squash - 1/2, peeled and cubed
- cauliflower - 1 cup chopped into medium florets
- zucchini - 1 small, sliced into 1/2 inch thick medallions
- butter - 3 Tbsp., melted
- fig balsamic vinegar - 1 Tbsp.
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp.
- cooking spray
- oregano or thyme - 4-5 2 inch sprigs
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Scatter acorn squash across sheet and season with salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes
- Melt butter and stir in balsamic, set aside
- Cut all veggies and toss lightly with olive oil
- Place chicken on sheet pan with veggies; drizzle with butter mixture
- Nestle oregano or thyme sprigs among meat and veggies; season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 30 more minutes
Add to Favorites