Baby Kale Salad with Dates, Almonds and Fig Vinaigrette
This salad and dressing is so versatile. It can be a side salad or a lunch or dinner by adding shrimp, salmon or chicken. The cabbage and almonds provide a nice crunch and the fig balsamic and honey give it a sweetness that makes my toes wiggle. I massage the kale if it is medium leaf-sized or bigger. That cuts down on the bitterness. (A little tip I learned from GreenChef.) If you don't like kale this salad is also great with arugula.
- baby kale - 1/2 a bag or container
- red cabbage - 1/2 cup julienne/sliced
- pitted dates - 5 dried, chopped
- almond slivers - 1/8 c.
- olive oil - 1/4 c.
- fig balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp.
- honey or agave - 1 tsp.
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Use a medium to large salad bowl
- Mix the dressing ingredients: oil, balsamic, honey in a mason jar. Put the lid on and shake the life out of it. It emulsifies it nicely.
- Place kale in bowl and chop cabbage; apply 2 Tbsp. of the dressing and massage the kale with your hands if you desire
- Add the cabbage, chopped dates, almonds, dressing and salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy your healthy salad!
Add to Favorites