Broiled NY Strip Steak with Sauteed Vegetables
My favorite way to prepare steak is grilled, and we have a small indoor grill my MIL gave me a few years ago which I use year round. I love to use it when it is super hot here in the dog days of August and I don't want to grill out back.
This recipe is for broiled steak which is a nice alternative. The meat gets a little sear on the outside and that medium rare inside that the hubby and I love.
Instead of traditional sauteed mushrooms and onions, I kept the mushrooms and swapped yellow squash and red pepper for the onions. It was a nice change of pace.
- NY strip steak - 2, 3/4 lb each
- red pepper - 1, chopped into large pieces
- mushrooms - 10 button, sliced thick
- yellow squash - 1 small, cut in coins
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to low broil
- Spray broiler pan with cooking spray
- Season steaks on both side with salt, pepper and steak seasoning if you wish
- Chop vegetables
- Heat oil on medium heat in saute pan
- Add vegetables, salt and pepper to season and saute for 10-12 minutes until just tender
- While vegetables are cooking place meat in the oven to broil
- Broil on 5-8 minutes per side depending on your desire
- Serve steak with vegetables and a side salad for a paleo meal or potatoes for a stick to your ribs dinner
Add to Favorites