Pineapple Ginger Marinated Chicken
This recipe was inspired by a GreenChef Pineapple Chicken meal we had a few months ago, and a slow cooker recipe I made and will post at some point for Orange Chicken. I will also be posting a recipe for the roasted vegetables with pineapple that I made and served with it.
- chicken thighs - 4, bone-in, skin on
- pineapple - 1 can, diced with juice
- fresh ginger - 1/2 inch diced
- olive oil - 1/4 c.
- toasted sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- organic gluten free tamari - 2 Tbsp
- chopped cilantro - fresh, 1/8 c.
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Prepare marinade in a bag or bowl. Place 4-5 chicken pieces in bag or bowl with oils, ginger, soy sauce or tamari and 1/2 the pineapple can's juice. Refrigerate for 1 hour to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper on both sides
- Bake chicken on skin side first for 17 min. Flip and bake on bone side for another 18-22 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro garnish, rice and roasted vegetables.
Add to Favorites