Gluten Free Apple Cake with Walnuts
My Mom shared a recipe similar to this one on Facebook last Fall and I absolutely had to make a gluten free version. I did and it was fabulous. First, my husband Dean and I went to a farm in Wayne called Farm Views. See pics here of the beautiful farm stand and how wonderfully they present their produce. It is a great place, worth a trip even if you aren't close by. This recipe is perfect for the Fall but would be delicious any time.
- eggs - 2
- sugar - 1 c.
- cinnamon - 2 heaping Tbsp.
- oil - canola or vegetable, 1/2 c.
- apples - 4 medium Gala, Fuji or Honey Crisp
- all purpose gluten free flour - 2 c.
- baking powder - 2 tsp.
- walnuts - 1/3 c. chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil
- Peel and slice apples and fold into bowl
- Mix together baking powder and flour in small bowl and add to wet ingredients
- Pour into a greased 9X13" pan
- Bake for approximately 55 min.
- Let set til cook or it will crumble when removed from pan
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whip cream dusted with cinnamon
Add to Favorites