Seared Lemon Garlic Scallops
I have been cooking scallops for at least 15 years but just last week I finally learned how to prepare them correctly. I used to bake them in the oven on high heat, but I never seared them first. What a difference!!! Check out the nice caramelized sear on these babies. Follow this recipe, you will be happy you did.
- wild caught scallops - large, 1 lb.
- lemon - 1
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- cooking spray
- salt - season to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse scallops and then pat dry on all sides
- Salt lightly to season before cooking
- Heat a saute pan that is oven-safe on the stove at medium heat
- Mince garlic and cut lemon in half. Set aside.
- Spray cooking spray to coat pan. Place scallops in pan to sear one one side for 3 min. Flip and sear another 3 min.
- Squeeze half lemon over scallops and sprinkle minced garlic over them
- Place the pan in the oven for 7-10 minutes depending on oven
- Serve with a side of mixed field greens dressed with feta cheese and chopped walnuts
Add to Favorites