Sumac Baked Chicken and Lemon Roasted Broccoli
A very GreenChef-like dinner homemade by Tamara. I used a newly discovered spice called Sumac from Turkey that I bought today at the Stockton Market. Sumac roasted chicken; lemon, olive oil and red pepper flake roasted broccoli; and field greens, feta and walnuts with homemade dressing with OJ, olive oil, Apple cider vinegar, agave and salt and pepper. I don't know what was more fun, cooking or eating.
- chicken breasts - 4, boneless & skinnless
- sumac - spice from Turkey
- broccoli - 2 c., large cut florets
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp.
- lemon - 1 fresh
- red pepper flakes - to taste
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and sumac on both sides
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Position chicken on sheet
- Toss broccoli in bowl with olive oil and juice from 1/2 lemon. Then season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Roast in oven for 15-18 minutes flipping chicken and stirring broccoli halfway through.
- Roast for an additional 15-18 minutes depending on size of breast
- Serve with a side salad of greens and leave off the feta for a paleo meal.
Add to Favorites